Getting here by train
If arriving in Amsterdam by train, it’s likely that your journey will terminate at
Amsterdam Central Station. From there it is simple to complete your journey
with public transport or taxi. If you are travelling from another station in the
Netherlands, it’s possible that you can choose another Amsterdam train station
nearer your accommodation.
Amsterdam has nine train stations. But where is the best place to go to get to
Amsterdam Central Station
• Passenger Terminal Amsterdam 10 minutes’ walk, public transport tram 26 or
Amsterdam City Centre
• de Ruyterkade Oost within 5 to 10 minutes’ walk
• Ruyterkade Steiger 16 to 18 within 5 minutes’ walk
• Javakade, public transport Tram 26 or bus 48
• Amsterdam Central Station: 10 minutes walking distance from the Dam,
Amsterdam-Oost (Amsterdam East) and Watergraafsmeer
• Behind Central Station: Take the free ferries to Amsterdam Noord
• Amsterdam Muiderpoort Station: get off here for Amsterdam-Oost
Amsterdam East) and the Dappermarkt.
Amsterdam-West (Amsterdam West)
• Amsterdam Amstel Station: this station is located next to the
The Amstel river is a 10-minute walk away.
• Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station: 5 minutes by tram/bus to the Bos en Lommer
Amsterdam-Zuid (Amsterdam South)
• Amsterdam Lelylaan Station: get off here for Amsterdam West and Slotervaart/
Overtoomse Veld districts.
• Amsterdam RAI Station: get off here for the RAI Convention Centre and the
• Amsterdam Zuid Station: get off here for the World Trade Center and Buitenveldert.
Amsterdam Zuid-Oost (Amsterdam Southeast)
• Duivendrecht Station: get off here for the north entrance to Amsterdam
• Amsterdam Bijlmer Station: get off here for the south entrance to Amsterdam
ArenA, Heineken Music Hall, Woonmall Villa Arena and Amsterdamse
Poort shopping centre.